A Thanksgiving meal that has a combination of great focal dishes and some terrific no-fail tried and trues is a well-rounded one. This roasted broccoli is one of my tried and trues. It is a staple in our home and perfectly complements just about any meal. It is easy to put together and tastes delicious. Its best feature is that it really is simple, which is sometimes really helpful when pulling off a large, elaborate meal.
I have made this dish using fresh and frozen broccoli. Trust me when I say, it makes no difference which you use: it comes out the same delicious way!
When using fresh florets, I love to slice up the stalk and include it in the dish. Roasted broccoli stalk has a really great texture and is really enjoyable (and also stretches the broccoli to more servings!)
The roasting gives the broccoli a beautiful crispness. The subtle lemon juice finish paired with the garlic is simply fantastic and absolutely makes the dish.
So, here is to simple and simply delicious this Thanksgiving!
Simple Roasted Broccoli
Yields: 8-10 servings
Time: 20-25 minutes
16 cups fresh or 48 ounces frozen broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 450*F.
2. Grease two baking sheets, set aside.
3. Place the broccoli into a bowl, drizzle the olive oil, stirring until evenly coated. Sprinkle on the spices.
4. Spread evenly onto and between the baking sheets.
5. Roast for 7 minutes, stir, and roast an additional 7 minutes, or until slightly crisp.
6. Remove from the oven, drizzle with lemon juice. Serve immediately and Enjoy!
Printable recipe can be found here!